Internship in Hospitality 2017/2018
- 8 ECTS
- Taught in Portuguese
- Final Assessment
- relevant skillset
At the end of the internship period, students should be able to:
1. Ensure the practical application of the teaching taught at the UPT during the 6 semesters of the course;
2. Assess their interest in the profession and their willingness to perform differentiated tasks;
3. Affirm your personality and ability to adapt to new situations;
The curricular unit allows UPT to establish lasting and fruitful links with public, private and associative entities in the tourism, hospitality, catering, food and leisure industries, and to reinforce its reputation as an entity that trains future professionals.
Practical internship accompanied by professionals in the hospitality area.
Elaboration and presentation of an internship report, containing:
1. Presentation and characterization of the host unit;
2. Internship program that has been determined;
3. Activities developed;
4. Knowledge acquired;
5. Support received by the host unit;
6. Explanation of specific characteristics of the service performed in the host unit;
7. Critical perspective on the work processes of the host unit, with due reasons and arguments;
8. Relationship between the functions performed and the syllabus taught in the curricular units of the UPT Hospitality Management Course.
Body of Work
The host unit proposes an individualized placement program for the student, in accordance with the directives provided by the University, establishing work areas, transition between departments, dates and contracting.
Regulation of Curricular Internship -
Training sessions will be administered for the internship, in joint and individual meetings with the students.
Demonstration of the syllabus coherence with the curricular unit's objectives
At the beginning of the curricular internship, the student will have had a complete training in the area of hospitality, being able to observe the reality of the unit in which it is integrated, to apprehend its organic functioning and to act according to the basic principles transmitted by the various UC's. course. Will be able to understand the results of the unit, analyze critical points for improvement and make a critical and constructive report. It will be in real working situation, consolidating the knowledge learned in theory.
Demonstration of the teaching methodologies coherence with the curricular unit's objectives
Application of theoretical knowledge adapted to different realities of each host unit. Direct evaluation of the application of knowledge.
|relevant generic skill||improved?||assessed?|
|Achieving practical application of theoretical knowledge||Yes||Yes|
|Adapting to new situations|
|Analytical and synthetic skills||Yes||Yes|
|Balanced decision making||Yes||Yes|
|Commitment to effectiveness||Yes||Yes|
|Commitment to quality||Yes||Yes|
|Ethical and responsible behaviour|
|Event organization, planning and management||Yes||Yes|
|Foreign language proficiency||Yes||Yes|
|Information and learning management|
|Initiative and entrepreneurship capability||Yes||Yes|
|IT and technology proficiency||Yes||Yes|
|Problem Analysis and Assessment|
|Relating to others|
|Understanding multiculturalism and valuing diversity|
|Working in international context|
|Written and verbal communications skills||Yes||Yes|