Psychology of Education 2 2016/2017
- 5 ECTS
- Taught in Portuguese
- Continuous Assessment
- relevant skillset
- To know, understand and study the school reality as a social and educative organization
- To identify and to promove an effective methods of psychological intervention regarding different levels of teaching in private and public institutions
- To summarize the main characteristics of Educational Special Needs and their caregivers
- To summarize Individual Educational Programs and Plans
- To acknowledge and to undersant the goals of DGEste and DSRN
To have accomplish, with success, the main goals of Educational Psychology -I
To recognize the theoretical principles of psychological intervention in educational environments
This course enables a methodology of teaching with the use of teaching and learning strategies that provide student involvement. Specifically lectures, exploration of reading, viewing of explanatory videos, exercises of knowledge and practical work will be held.
Resources as the box, the computer and video projector will be used. The digital databases and the elearning platform of UPT will also be indispensable working tools.
Body of Work
. The school as a socio -educational organization
. Psychological intervention in different educational levels in private and public contexts
. success and academic achievement
. sleep disturbances
. eating disorders
. learning difficulties and hyperactivity disorder and attention deficit
. sex education
. abuse of alcohol and substance
. Special education and SEN
- Definition ;
- Causes / etiology ;
- Warning Signs ;
- Symptoms / Consequences ;
- Intervention with family and with school
prevention; evaluation; diagnosis; intervention
Specific legislation and CIF
individual education programs and plans
DGEstE and DSRN
- Correia, L. de M. (2015). Inclusão e Necessidades Educativas Especiais - um guia para educadores e professores. Porto: Porto Editora
- Fernandes, A. T. de A. N. (2010) (org). Intervenção com crianças, jovens e famílias - estudos e práticas. Coimbra: Almedina
- Sprinthall, N. A., & Sprinthal, R. C. (1998). Psicologia Educacional - Uma abordagem desenvolvimentista. Alfragide: McGraw-Hill Portugal.
- Woolfolk, A. E. (2002). Educational Psychology (6th Edition). Toronto: Allyn and Bacon.
- Lopes, J. A. (2004). A hiperatividade. Lisboa: Edições Quarteto
- Sternberg, R. J., & Williams, W. M. (2002). Educational Psychology. Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
- Raposo, N. V. (1995). Estudos de psicopedagogia (2ª ed.). Coimbra: Coimbra Editora [1ª ed.: 1983].
- Ruivo, J. B. (1991). Tendências actuais da psicologia educacional. Psicologia. VIII, 1: 5-9.
1 - Presentation ; Identification of the syllabus and evaluation criteria
The school as a socio-educational organization
2-7 - Psychological intervention in different educational levels in private and public contexts
8 - Article Analysis
- Conducting mini test
- Special Education and SEN (introduction )
9-13 - Special Education and SEN ( continued)
14 - Presentation and defense of work
15 - DGEstE ( General Directorate of School and DSRN Settlements ( the Northern Region Services Directorate )
Self and peer assessment
Demonstration of the syllabus coherence with the curricular unit's objectives
the contents will be addressed in order to promote skills of knowledge, comprehension, application and analysis.
Demonstration of the teaching methodologies coherence with the curricular unit's objectives
The profitability of interrogative methodologies , using debates , arguments and dialogue , and active methodologies , developed as group work , presentation and discussion of works using questioning, debate and brainstorming will validate the acquisition of the proposed goals .
|relevant generic skill||improved?||assessed?|
|Achieving practical application of theoretical knowledge||Yes||Yes|
|Analytical and synthetic skills||Yes||Yes|
|Commitment to effectiveness|
|Commitment to quality|
|Event organization, planning and management||Yes||Yes|
|Information and learning management||Yes||Yes|
|Problem Analysis and Assessment||Yes||Yes|
|Relating to others||Yes|
|Written and verbal communications skills||Yes||Yes|